4 Lazy Tips to help with Carpet Cleaning

4 Lazy Tips to help
Carpet Cleaning Banner Book

4 Lazy Tips to help4 Lazy Tips to help with Carpet Cleaning

How often have you purchased a carpet or rug only to find that after about two or three months of (let’s face it) hard wear and tear it’s completely unrecognisable from the one you originally bought from the store? The problem is that a quick vacuum once a month isn’t really going to ‘cut it’, but on the other hand you probably don’t want to be down on your hands and knees scrubbing ferociously at it either. If you like to take the easy route, then no problem, here are 4 lazy carpet cleaning tips that will keep your carpet looking like new with not too much effort.

Clean-up any spills immediately

Okay so this is a bit of a contradiction as it does take some effort on your part, however, by cleaning up any spills immediately, (that is before they’ve had time to sink into the fibres) you’re going to save yourself a whole lot of work in the future. Dab the excess liquid off using a dry cloth and never scrub, as all you’re doing is rubbing the liquid deep into the pile. Then get a damp cloth and gently blot the area of the spill. Finally when the stain is out, let the area dry, either naturally or with a hand-held hair dryer.

Get your carpet deep cleaned regularly

Regular deep cleaning gets all the dust particles, soil and pet fur/odour that are located way down deep in the pile that your family and animals bring into the house on a daily basis. This is something that normal vacuuming can’t get rid of. If you do fancy a bit of DIY, then you can hire or purchase steam cleaners that will do this specific job, but as this is article is entitled ‘lazy carpet cleaning tips’ then you’d obviously want to call in the professionals. Yes it might be pricey, but a good carpet cleaning company can make a huge amount of difference to the look, smell and feel of your carpet. Oh and when we say regularly, it depends on how often your carpet is used (but generally every 6-12 months).

Install an entry mat

If you’ve a space at the front of your house you might want to put an entry mat where people can wipe their feet, Alternatively how about fitting a brush-type shoe scraper so that family and visitors can give their shoes the ‘once over’. It’s going to save a lot of excess soil coming into your carpet/rug. Now if only you can get the dog to do the same! Alternatively, if you fancy being a little dictatorial, then why not enforce a ‘shoes off’ policy in the house?

Vacuuming regularly

Like the first tip this does involve a little work on your part, but it’s a fact that over 80% of soils and dirt that enter the house are dry, while the remaining 20% are oils and greases from pets etc. This means that by giving your rug a quick ‘once over’ on a daily basis, you’re going to get rid of 80% of dirt, dust, skin particles etc.

If you want to find out more about how you can keep your carpet in tip top condition, or if you would like a quote for a carpet clean then speak to the professionals at Carpet Cleaning Kings on 1300 7000 75. We guarantee you a competitive price and a highly professional job.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Complete the form to get your FREE Consumer Guide


Consumer Guide Cover Book 1
Consumer Guide Cover Book 2
Consumer Guide Cover Book 3
Consumer Guide Cover Book 4

$35 = Move out clean + Carpet Sanitiser ( 3 rooms)

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

$55 = Heavy Duty with Bacteria Treatment (per room)

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

$70 = Premium Care + Bacteria Treatment (per room)

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

$140 = Standard Clean + 15 mins of Stain Treatment (3 rooms)

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

$160 = Move Out Clean + Fumigation (Internal Or External) 3 Areas

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

$200 = Standard Clean + Fumigation (Internal Or External) 4 Areas

  • Step 1

    Personal Information
  • Step 2

    Date and time requested
  • :

Quick Quote

Please complete the form and we will get back to you asap